Sunday, April 5, 2009

To Adam - the best Dad, Husband and Pastor

Last year we attended Irving Bible Church's Easter Picnic and we were inspired. We were inspired to someday do that event in a church where God would place us. So, this weekend was the first ever Spring Picnic Outreach. It was awesome!!! We had 200 plus in attendance with 140 of those being unchurched visitors. I am so proud of our pastor - my hubby....he organized the whole thing. He dreamed big.....passed out fliers...planned...ordered....shopped for all the food (600 bucks worth)...get the picture.
Adam is doing such a great job at leading FBC Pharr. He is probably the hardest working pastor in the valley. In a small church the pastor does it all. Most importantly, Adam is getting everyone excited about using our church to bring people to Himself with the gospel of Christ. Recently, I have noticed such an annoiting on Adam as never before. People are commenting that his sermons are better every week. I know the Lord is going to do something big through our church and so thrilled He is using our family and that He chose Adam to lead this church. Wow...am I humbled!! In Adam's job there is not always much praise and it can be difficult being a sheperd. The sheep can be difficult and sometimes bite. But Adam has handled everything this past year as only someone called by God could. I am just so proud of him.

Adam also celebrated his 35th Birthday recently. I just want to say that I am thankful for his life. Adam is a great dad and wonderful husband. He takes such good care of his family and loves me as only he could. I praise the Lord for his life and the calling on Adam's life.

This is pic of Adam and Isabel...he was taking her on a date.