Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pure Delight

On Thursday mornings Adam has his Quest for Manhood Study, so that is my day to take Isabel to school. Today I thought I would tackle grocery shopping after dropping Isabel off. What was I thinking? Lucas was terrible in the store and Max was terrible leaving. When we got home Max was disciplined! Rocky start.... to a very delightful day. I read this great verse today...Discipline your son and he will give you rest; he will give delight to your heart. Prov. 29.17
We were busy today, but I felt so refreshed.
Max was upset at being disciplined, but it turned his attitude around. This was one of those day where all the disciplining showed that we are making some headway. My children brought my heart pure joy and delight today. And eventhough it is almost 10 and I have been up since 7 Am, grocery shopped, cooked lunch, went to my partime job, cooked dinner, and walked and jogged, I feel rested! I find the arguing and fighting to be most exhausting...so I praise God for the reprieve from this today.
Here are some pics of our day....PURE DELIGHT!

Max helped me plant my new Hibiscus bush

The boys played in the water


Isabel came home in a very good mood! She said her heart was not filled with food, but it was filled with love. It showed as she was so kind to the brothers. I constantly get onto her for fighting and today she was so sweet it just made my heart overflow with joy.