Friday, October 10, 2008

She found the Right side of the Bed!!

Today I went to wake Isabel up for school and found her lying there with eyes closed and a smile. Unusual!! She was in a great mood...Praise God, she found the right side of the bed. She made my heart sing when I picked her up from school and entered the car with such a sweet spirit and kisses for everyone (including Max). She napped without fussing and woke up - HAPPY. Usually she wakes up grumpier than before (I wake from naps grumpy too). We had dinner and took a trip to Wal-Mart to look a bikes for Adam and I, so we can bike ride now that the temperature is bearable down here. We watched 30 min. of a movie and she didn't complain when the timer went off. There were no fits, no arguing, no hitting - just a good natured kid.
I am amazed at this day and our Isabel. If you have ever seen Jon & Kate plus 8 - think Maddie. Isabel and her are exactly alike. I have never met another girl like her. She is unpredictable, temperamental, high on the strong-willed curve, bossy, and challenging. She is also smart, tender, sensitive, imaginative, intuitive, lovable, and fun. What a mix of traits God gave her. She is so unique. Gotta love her!

Thank you Lord for this wonderful day!! Give us many more. We praise you for our three precious children, even when they are difficult. Give us wisdom and creativity for raising our special girl Isabel. Thank you that Max is so happy-go-lucky.