Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Isabel's First Day of Preschool


Today Isabel started PK at Covenant Christian Academy. I was so amazed at our little princess. Adam and I overslept and woke up at 7:20. Isabel has to be at school between 7:45 and 8AM. I threw on my pants and was surprised to hear footsteps coming down the hall. I looked up and Isabel is standing there dressed in full uniform, socks and shoes on,and backpack in hand. I ran to her and gave her a big squeeze. She was such a precious sight standing there with half her shirt collar stuck inside her shirt, it was buttoned incorrectly,so the shirt looked lopsided and she had tied her tie way too tight around her neck. She said, "I'm excited Mommy and I don't want to be late." Needless to say, I was ready in 1 minute flat. I Fed her a bowl of cereal, dressed the boys and we were out the door and at school at 8. We walked her to class, got pics, and got her settled in. I know whe was nervous b/c she hardly ate a bite, but she was strong. I was one of those parents that teachers hate and stuck around. This is my baby and I wasn't going to let go that easily. We accompanied the class to chapel and stood in back with the other parents who must have been going through the same thing and wanted to linger a bit longer. It was an awesome time of worship and prayer for the new year. Isabel shed some tears and I had to hold back mine. She said tonight that she forgot to use her kissing hand, but she will remember tomorrow when she gets lonely.


Isabel, we love you so much. We are sad that you are growing so fast, but know that you will always be our baby. We are praying that this year you will become humble, holy, happy, and come to know Jesus Christ as your Savior. Love you princess.