Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Introduction to Blood

We have been dog sitting for my sister. I offered to watch the dog b/c I thought it would give the kids a reason to go out and play more in the backyard, but it has not quite worked out that way. The dog is still a puppy and has torn up everything it can get its teeth on. We had a couple of citronella candles out on the patio table and she got to them. One was ceramic and broke into pieces.
Well, Max went out to play with Khaska (Toska as he calls her) and stepped on one of the chards of broken ceramic. He came to me and said "Mami, I got red marker - I got red marker." I saw red spots on the floor and couch and was confused for a minute then realized he was bleeding. The red marker was blood! We got him all cleaned up and I explained that the "red marker" is actually called blood.