Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mexico Mission Trip


We just arrived from a week long trip to Ciudad Valles, Mexico. It was an 8 hour trip south from McAllen. A group of nursing students from Mississippi College went with us. We had VBS, a Medical clinic, and a construction crew working on building a church. Currently this Baptist church of 70 are meeting in the pastor's home. Adam even enjoyed the benefits of having a medical team with us. They irrigated his ears and gave him an antibiotic for a stomach bug. I knew he wasn't hearing well, but didn't expect to see the size of the plugs they took out of his ears. Adam says he now hears in HD. I took Lucas with me, since I nurse him. At times I was questioning why I decided to bring him, but overall it was good having him with me. He is a people magnet and through him I was able to enter into conversations with total stangers. We met some neat people with lots of hurt in their lives. One man said he was sick in the soul. Many made a decision for Christ. We plan on going back next year. This time I want to take Isabel and Max, so they too can be a part of what God is doing in Valles, Mexico.